You may have heard about this game and must have played this as well if you’re a die-hard fan of Pokémon. On the bottom, this game is developed by Game Freak and published by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo, mainly to run on the Nintendo Dual Screen (DS) gaming console. As the word ‘Platinum’ suggests, it’s an enhanced version of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl.
But this article is all about using Pokémon Platinum cheats in this Version of the game, so we’ll focus on that now. Sometimes this game becomes quite challenging for beginners, and therefore many nerds have pointed out some cheat codes for this game. These cheat codes can be used to achieve and unlock certain features and abilities in the game. So, let’s get started.
How to enter Pokemon Platinum Cheats in Pokémon DS console?
The Nintendo DS is a portable gaming console that features two LCDs in a clamshell form factor. Follow these steps one by one to use cheat codes in your games and level up a little bit.
- Collect and write down all the codes on paper as it will be more convenient to glance at them while gaming.
- While the game is being loaded, you can enter the cheat codes using the system’s D-Pad, navigation keys, and letter buttons to activate the codes.
- Now you can start the game after successfully entering the cheat codes.
- You can also enter some specific cheat cones while being in the game. All you need to do is to pause the game and enter the cheat codes using the same buttons.
Read More: Pokemon Emerald Cheats for GBA
7 Best Pokémon in Pokémon Platinum Version
If you’re a beginner, then here are seven cute but deadly Pokémons, which you can use to build your perfect team.
- Luxray is an electric-type Pokémon, and it was first introduced in the fourth generation. Based on looks, Luxray is a blue lion with a blacked spiked mane. This is the final evolution of Shinx and will evolve into Luxio in level 30.
- Torterra is a grass Pokémon, and it is found in the Sinnoh region. It evolved from Grotle, and it is the final evolution of Turtwig. Turtwig is turtle Pokémon with massive size and dark-green body color. And also, Turtwig walks on four legs.
- Gengar is a ghost or dark Pokémon which was introduced in the first generation. Gengar has evolved from Haunter, and it can develop into Mega Gengar by utilizing its Gengarite. Above all, it can hide by using its defense ability.
- Lucario is a fighting or steel type Pokémon, and it was introduced in the first generation. It is the evolved form of Riolu after leveling up with high friendship during the daytime. During any battle, Lucario can further change into its Mega form using it’s Mega Stone called, Lucarionite.
- Alakazam is a psychic Pokémon that was introduced in the first generation. Alakazam is an extreme form of Abra, and evolution can only be done using trade. Alakazam can further evolve into its Mega form using Alakazite.
- Staraptor is a normal flying Pokémon, and it was also introduced in the fourth generation. This is the final evolution of Starly, which is also a standard flying Pokémon. The development from Starly to Staraptor happens at level 34.
- Rapidash is a fire Pokémon introduced in the first generation. At level 40, Ponyta evolves into Rapidash. It is a cream and gold colored Pokémon with red eyes, and it resembles a unicorn by its look. This Pokémon is best for attack strategies.
Read More: Pokemon Emerald Codebreaker Codes for GBA
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Legendaries are in Pokémon Platinum?
A1. In Pokémon Platinum, there are Legendaries like Giratina, Uxie, Azelf, Mespeit, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Crasselia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.
Q2. What does the secret key do in Pokémon Platinum?
A2. The secret key helps to open up Rotom’s room at the Team Galactic Eterna Building in Eterna City.
Q3. How to get Darkrai in Pokémon Platinum?
A3. Unfortunately, Darkrai was available only through a member’s card, which you could get by attending a Nintendo event. But still, you can use a modified version of the game by using Action Replay to achieve Darkrai.
Q4. Is Giratina shiny locked in Platinum?
A4. No, Giratina shiny isn’t locked in Platinum, and you can still get it.
Q5. Which starter Pokémon is best in Platinum?
A5. For starters, Chimchar is the best Pokémon due to its ability in the offensive and speed department.
Now it’s way more comfortable for you to progress into the game, but always remember, using pokemon platinum cheats isn’t recommended at all. Only in certain situations, you might have to use them to overcome the level. But regular usage of such cheat codes will lead to the downgrade of your gaming skills. So, use them as less as possible.